As seen on Fox4 News
Jennifer Zarda-Binkley, Suzanne Zarda and Mike Ronchetto from Zarda BBQ are here with their style of grilled Chicken and cheesy potato bake.
Cheesy Potato Bake
- 6 medium potatoes, baked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and drained
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut peeled potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
- Place half in greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and cheeses, Repeat in layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- 6 servings 45 min 20 min prep
Grilled Half Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (4-6 pounds), cut in half
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- granulated garlic
- Brine chicken by placing the chicken, water, salt, garlic, and pepper in a non-metal bowl in the fridge for 2-6 hours.
- Drain chicken and rinse under cold water. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat gas grill on high (or prepare charcoal grill).
- Liberally coat chicken halves with oil. Lightly season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and paprika.
- Place chicken skin-side-up on pre-heated grill grate and close the grill lid. Reduce grill temperature between low and medium-low. Grill for 50-70 minutes or until internal temperature at the densest point is 180 degrees. Continually brush with Zarda’s Grilling sauce.
Optional: Grill chicken skin-side-down for the last 5 minutes for lovely grill marks on the outside!
The grilling time will vary depending on the size of your chicken, how cold the chicken was, how hot your grill gets, how many times you open the lid, etc. so it is very important that you measure the internal temperature of your chicken.
- 6 servings (varies depending on size of chicken)