Zarda was back at Chiefs training camp Wednesday, August 5th – for the 27th year.
“We’ve been to a lot of training camps – from William Jewell, to River Falls, to St. Joe – and every year it’s always a thrill,” said Zarda COO, Terry Hyer. “Our first year was during the Marty Schottenheimer era.” Hyer continues, “I remember Neil Smith was just a rookie. It’s a lot of fun – and the guys are always glad to see the Zarda trucks pull up.”
It’s true – even General Manager John Dorsey admitted to following the scent of the Zarda smoker up the hill to Blum Union and sampled Zarda’s famous Ribs fresh out of the heat.
Chiefs Players were treated to quite the feast, including:
- ZARDA’S FAMOUS RIBS | 50 FULL SLABS
- LIMITED RESERVE BURNT ENDS | 70 POUNDS
- LIMITED RESERVE PULLED PORK | 45 POUNDS | Featuring the Limited Reserve Sweet Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich
- TENDER SLICED BRISKET | 40 POUNDS
- TENDER SLICED TURKEY | 40 POUNDS
- ZARDA’S FAMOUS BAKED BEANS | 100 POUNDS
- CHEESY POTATO BAKE | 100 POUNDS
Player favorites included our Limited Reserve Burnt Ends and Pulled Pork and the Cheesy Potato Bake.
Zarda will return on August 12th with another dinner for the players – and they couldn’t be happier! Check out stories on Zarda’s big event from the local media: